Are you up at night thinking of the needs of your people?
Are your staff on the brink of burnout, unable to keep up with the demand?
Is your community in crisis, desperate for hope and belonging?
The church is often considered the number one mental health resource for its congregants but...
- 3 in 10 pastors (31%) say they are currently struggling the most with their emotional well-being.
- A majority of pastors (68%) say they have felt overwhelmed regularly in the last four weeks.
- 19% (47.1 million) of people in the U.S. are living with a mental health condition nationwide, a 1.5 million increase over last year’s report
- 2021 State of Mental Health in America report confirms the trend that mental health in the U.S. continues to get worse and many states are ill-prepared to handle this crisis and policymakers at every level of government need to act immediately.
The Caring Church Review is a 3 point approach to assessing the strengths and needs of your staff, congregants, and community.
You receive a comprehensive view of how your church provides care, your members’ and staff’s wellbeing, and your community’s needs and services through a personalized plan and a dashboard view of how your church can take steps to flourish and grow. At church, I experienced frustration when the needs of the community were not reflected in our services, programs or messaging.
The Caring Church Review will allow you to:
Strengthen your team and prevent burnout and compassion fatigue
Grow a thriving church that is eager to tell others of their transformation
Meet your congregants’ needs without wearing your team out
Develop community partnerships that establish your church as a community leaders
I'm Laura Howe
I’m a mental health clinician and community development strategist for churches that want to care for their communities without burning out.
Supporting local church leaders to overcome and prevent burnout, create effective and sustainable care ministries and be a beacon of hope for their community is what I love to do!
I believe that when church leaders are healthy and when congregations are healed and transformed, they are more able to fulfill the gospel mission.
My approach is ideal for leaders who:
- are frustrated with the relentless demand from people, yet lay awake at night with concern for their people’s needs.
- dream of being a place of hope for those who are suffering in their community, but don’t know where to start.
- see their team unraveling and facing burnout at rates never imagined, and are motivated to be an active part in creating sustainable transformational for their team.
I would be honored to jump on a call with you to talk more about the Caring Church Review and how developing your church’s care ministry and preventing burnout in your teams can grow your church and expand your community influence.Let's Connect
After working with Laura we feel confident in our ability to serve the needs of the families in our ministry and have the tools to avoid the burnout that was creeping in. This training was full of practical skills and strategies that we can put into action right away. LOVED the engaging and relaxed approach! Brilliant!
Ministry Director – K2K Productions
Those in professional helping roles, like ministry experience the cumulative impact of caregiving on their whole being, which can make it increasingly difficult to relate to God, neighbour and self in healthy ways. Hope Made Strong’s offers effective and robust resources that assists those seeking to rediscover the fullness of life Jesus created them for. I recommend this program with enthusiasm.
Kevin Hamp, MA, RP, OAMHP
Staff Care Advisor for Youth for Christ Canada
Hope Made Strong is an excellent resource for pastors and other helping professionals. Speaking as a trauma psychologist, I can attest to the soundness of the content. Speaking as a pastor, I deeply appreciated how Laura readily integrates Scripture and faith throughout the conversation. I believe anyone who is experiencing burnout would benefit greatly by utilizing these tools, along with Laura’s accompaniment and guidance.
David C. Wang
Licensed Psychologist, Associate Professor, Pastor of Spiritual Formation