106: What does the Bible say about Mental Health?
While the stigma of mental health mixing with faith can deter us from fully embracing it, today we’re reminded of what God has to say about mental health. Dr. Chris Adams joins us to give credibility to faith as an intricate link to mental health.
The church serves as a helpful resource for those who may feel unseen, underrepresented, and unserved. It’s becoming clearer and clearer that, in order for humans to flourish, we need community, purpose, and love–and what better institution than the church to offer these necessary components of mental health?
Join us today for an encouraging conversation about the healthy mixture of faith and psychology as we pursue health and wholeness for our communities.
- Scripture has a lot to say about human flourishing.
- You can’t achieve happiness by striving for happiness. Happiness is a byproduct of other things.
- Happiness is about pursuing the right things in the right ways for the right reasons.
- The science is pointing us back to faith.
- We’re both wounded and healed through relationships.
- God is always doing more than what you realize in the moment.
Connect with Hope Made Strong