122: Shifting your focus from outreach to in-reach with Melissa Walker
“There were people who had needs inside of our church that I had been overlooking.”
Just six months into a new care ministry role, Melissa felt like a failure. The Exec. team decided to shift the focus from external efforts to internal efforts of care within the church that were not yet foundationally strong. Listen to today’s episode for five areas Melissa was able to guide the team toward a stronger system of care.
- Your care ministry is unique.
- Care is complex and its responsibilities can take people by surprise.
- There were people who had needs inside of our church that I had been overlooking.
- Prayer is the foundation of a church’s care ministry.
- Ministry is dying to ourselves daily.
Connect with Hope Made Strong